1980/2020 151' Picchiotti GOLDEN COMPASS
151' Picchiotti Motor Yacht GOLDEN COMPASS is designed to create both elegant gathering places and spacious party venues. A yacht with no limits, she has true worldcruising credentials having already taken her previous owners to remote and exciting destinations. GOLDEN COMPASS has benefited from significant upgrades that have totally rejuvenated all mechanical and technical areas, including navigation, entertainment equipment and interior fit and finish.
Her six large esuite staterooms, including two master staterooms, accommodate large parties of up to 12 guests plus 2 guest service personnel making her a great charter choice. Having several years of lucrative charters behind her, GOLDEN COMPASS offers the new owner a successful charter business.
- Totally rebuilt or replaced mechanical systems
- Upgraded navigation equipment
- New paint and varnish skylounge deck
- Complete refurbishment of all teak deck surfaces including new caulking
- Windlass overhauled, sandblasted and painted
- All bilges exposed, all surfaces reconditioned, primed and painted with epoxy coating
- All bilge pipework and cabin overhead pipes requiring insulation were pressure tested, reconditioned and re-insulated
Engine room updates to include:
- Main generator sound shields
- Exhaust system
- Bilges/ valves
- Deck plates (sandblasted and powder coated)
- All overheads insulation upgrades and resurfaced panels
- Compete fire system recertification
Entire HVAC system serviced to include:
- New valves, insulation, descaling, 7 new air handlers, all engine room pumps replaced or overhauled.
- New galley cabinets, all new wall services, ceiling panels with LED lighting
Guest are immediately drawn to the natural beauty of the main salon. The ornate Italian marquetry inlay of the large custom bar, entertainment center, and game table are striking features along with the coordinating custom granite countertops, tables, custom art work, and compass medallion entry. This area features the bar with 4 large armed chairs, a large couch, a round reversible (game/formal) table with 4 large arm chairs, a home theater system including all regions 50" pop up TV, DVDs, SAT receivers, iPod dock, Wii, and access to the central movie, music, and photo distribution system. Aft and to port is the staircase leading down to the lower guest foyer, around which four large en suite guest cabins are located.
Aft of the main salon are wide double doors which lead to the exterior aft deck, and located towards forward end is the elegant formal dining room, containing a large inlaid marquetry table with 12 chairs, multiple storage cabinets for china and silverware, and a serving door into the pantry and galley. Music from multiple sources can be played in either room.
The multipurpose sky lounge is accessed from the boat deck or through the bridge area. It is equipped with two extra deep couches, perfect for watching movies on the 60" flat screen TV connected to a quality home theater system. The system includes DVD, iPod dock, SAT receiver, Xbox, and access to the central movie, music, and photo distribution system. Guests have access to a desktop computer desk that connects to both its own large touch screen and it share video on to the 60" TV.
There is also a bar and large day head, and forward of the lounge is a large wine cellar.
The on deck master cabin is located at the forward end of the main deck. It is comfortably furnished with an oversized TempurPedic king bed, an Italian leather couch and Italian leather recliner, an ornate dresser with veneer inlay, a large 42" Plasma TV with access to a DVD player, iPod dock, and central movie, music, and photo distribution system.
This stateroom has ample closet and storage space, large bathroom and some of the best views of the horizon.
In the second master cabin, the full beam of the ship is really evident. This room has an oversized dual remote controlled adjustable king bed, two armchairs and a vanity table with veneer inlay. At the foot of the bed, an all regions 42" flat screen TV drops down from the ceiling. This is connected to a DVD player, SAT TV receiver, iPod dock, and has access to the central movie, music, photo distribution system. His & hers bathrooms are located forward of the bed, one with a large bathtub and shower and the other with a separate enclosed shower. Both have toilets and vanity sinks. This cabin has four wardrobes and two builtin wall dressers. All surfaces covered with exotic stone.GUEST STATEROOMS
2x Queen Staterooms with en suite bathrooms.
2x Queen/Twin Staterooms with en suite bathrooms.
The 4 guest cabins are located aft of the main salon on the lower accommodation deck and are around a central foyer which contains linen storage. The 2 aft cabins have queen beds and the 2 forward cabins each have a queen bed and a single bed, perfect for guests with small children. These are large cabins; all have a private bathroom with tub, shower, exotic stone surfaces, toilet and vanity sinks. Each room is equipped with all regions flat screen TVs, DVD players, SAT receivers, iPod docks, and access to the central movie, music, photo distribution system.
The aft deck area may be fully enclosed, or completely open to the fresh air of a peaceful anchorage. This dining area can be casual or formal and is beautifully furnished with a large teak round table and 8 upholstered teak dining chairs. In addition, there are 4 arm chairs, a curved couch and side tables for cocktails. A 37" flat screen TV connected to SAT TV, and to the central movie, music, and photo distribution system, is also available on this deck.
There is a staircase that ascends to the boat deck from the port side.
The deck is accessed from either the Sky Lounge or from the aft deck stairs. On this enormous deck there is large
teak inlaid tabled with 10 comfortable cushioned seats for outside dining. Normal running configuration has one tender on this deck stored crosswise towards the aft, opening up this deck for sunbathing and outdoor dining. The other tender and jet skis are stored on the newly configured foredeck. With the aft tender launched, this expansive deck really comes to life. The unobstructed view is perfect for entertaining or sunbathing. At night guest enjoy outstanding panoramas while dining, and have the perfect dance floor for after dinner cocktails.
The top deck is accessed by a staircase from the upper port-side deck and encompasses the complete upper level of Golden Compass. Forward on this deck is a Jacuzzi tub, large sun pads, seating areas, a full service bar, bar seating, a full back bar (both covered in exotic stone) with ice maker and refrigerator, a large stainless BBQ, and 4 chaise lounge chairs.
Aft on this deck there is an expansive sun bathing pad.
Above the bar is a water proof 42” flat screen TV with access to DVD player, iPod dock, and the central movie, music, and photo distribution system. This quality entertainment and sound system has prompted evening guests to turn this area from a sunning area into another dance floor with unobstructed ocean views.
The galley is well equipped with commercial grade equipment, robust stone surfaces, and is suitable for high capacity catering. There are 2 doors to the side decks for crew entrance and the loading of supplies so as not to interrupt guests. A staircase from the forward end of the galley leads down to the crew cabins and crew mess.WHEELHOUSE
The wheel-house is carpeted and contains a comfortable helm chair, settee, chart table and world class navigation/radio equipment.CAPTAIN'S CABIN
The spacious captain’s cabin includes a double bed, desk, large bathroom, and shower is directly behind the wheel-house on the port side.SHIPS OFFICE
The large ship’s office, equipped with computer and worldwide communication equipment is directly behind the wheel-house along the starboard side. Through the ship’s office is a passageway which leads to the sky lounge, passing the wine cellar on the starboard side and a large walk-in refrigerator/freezer on the port side.CREW
1x captain’s cabin with en suite bathroom.
1x 4 berth cabin with en suite bathroom.
1x 2 berth cabin with en suite bathroom.
2x 2 berth cabins with shared bathroom.
1 Furuno Inmarsat Sat-C
1x F77 Nera, Anritsu RSS402A,
1 HP 1040 fax connected to F77
AT&T Partner System PBX
1x Furuno SSB Transceiver FS1503
1x ICOM VHF – ICM127
1x ICOM VHF – IC-M125
2x WPHF VHF handheld emergency radios with DSC
11x ICOM handheld VHF radios
Cellular phone system:
1x Tellular GSM four band (worldwide capable) receiver interfaced into the PBX
AT&T Partner System PBX
2x Furuno FAR-21X7 BB series 72 nautical mile with ARPA and AIS integrated
1x Robertson RGC 50
1x Furuno THD Satellite Compass SC-50
Robertson AP9 MK II w/MKIII
1x Raymarine SP60 plus 1 x Furuno FCV627
Magnavox 300 DGPS
1x Leica 420 AIS
2x Dell (Chartnav)
1x Hewlett Packard general purpose
1x Custom Desktop in Ships office, 30” touch screen monitor
Brother MFC networked printer
1x Airmar – networked in the radio room and bridge
1x Furuno FI5001 Weather Station
Furuno NX500 Navtex receiver
2x Nobeltec Max Pro with most all of the world charts
415 Furuno FA-150
• KVH M-9 Global Satellite TV- wired to each room
• All region Plasma or LCD TV’s to accommodate global travel
• All region Pioneer DVD players for global travel
• Sat Receivers for all TV's, covering Europe, Caribbean & U.S.
• A centralized movie, music and photo storage and distribution system by Escient. This system is loaded with 250 current video titles and 1,000 songs.
• Apple iPod docks (over 12 throughout the vessel)
• Customized but "easy to use” remote controls, identical throughout the vessel for convenience
• In all of the main entertaining areas, the master stateroom, and the VIP stateroom Marantz AV Surround Receiver SR5003 7.1 have been utilized.
• Advanced ships network providing access to the internet through wireless access points located throughout the boat.
• KVH V7 - Their latest global high speed satellite internet system which also provides 2 VOIP lines for international calling.
Generators & Electricity
2 x Caterpillar 3306; 135kw each (Port & Starboard top end rebuild 2013. Both overhauled to technician recommendations in 2014)
Ocean Breeze 40kW Load Bank
Generator fuel consumption:
220V, 3 phase, 200 amps, 60Hz
ASEA model AC90V Shore Power Converter with seamless transfer switch
Main engine starting:
2x main engine 24v, each bank consists of 4 Gel batteries
2x generator start banks, each with 2 gel batteries
2 sets of batteries to separately power emergency navigation and communication
DECK AND HULL
Aft warping capstans:
2x Warping Drums on Anchor Winch
2x Stern Warping Drums
2x Stockless 750lbs approx
5 shackles (450.00 ft/155m) both port & stbd
Boat crane and davits:
2x Custom Hydraulic Cranes with a working load of 2000kg
1x UMT YDRR-1000 foredeck crane with a working load of 1000 lbs
2x Marquipt Tide-Ride SideLadders & Stern Passerelle
Custom built 7' wide teak platform with stern boarding ladder
TENDERS AND TOYS
19ft Nautica widebody with 150 Hp Yamaha engine.
Custom built to accommodate 12 guests and equipped with Garmin depthfinder & chart plotter
12ft Nautica with Yamaha 40HP
2x donut tubes
2x Caterpillar D398; 900hp each
Port: 13,000 hrs
Stb: 14,800 hrs
Micro-Commander with Glendenning Synchronizer
Gearboxes for main engines:
2x Caterpillar 7251 - reverse reduction gear boxes
5 Compressors totaling 35 tons using chilled water loop with
31x Air handling units with thermostats
2x 1600 gpd Filtration Concepts
2x Vosper Fins with Koop Nautique Controls
1x Lips BV Drunen, 55KW, Variable Speed with Soft Start
Rudder Angle indicator
1x Robertson RI 45
Micro-Commander with Glendenning synchronizer
Fuel separator & filtration
Alfa Laval – rebuilt in 2014
1x Headhunter Royal Flush sewage treatment system
Fresh water system:
Atlantic Ultraviolet Light Corporation model #550B potable water system ultraviolet light sterilization unit (new 2013)
3x Headhunter Mach 5 pumps (new 2013)
2x Filtration Concepts Inc. model #DI626E-3 water makers producing a total of 6,056 liters (1,600 gallons per day each, rebuilt 2009).
Bilge water filtration:
Village Marine Inc. OWS 2.2
Lube Oil capacity:
1x 1,514 liters (400 US gallons)
Waste Oil capacity:
1x 1,514 liters (400 US gallons)
Tank monitoring systems:
Headhunter LED light tank level indicating panel for fuel and storage tanks, recalibrated and serviced 2014 (all new display units 2013).
Headhunter model #YS3004 LED light level indicator for freshwater tanks.
2x Hart Systems Inc tank tender level indicators for all fuel and freshwater tanks.
Headhunter LED light level indicator for gray and black water tank levels as well as sewage treatment tank.
GALLEY AND LAUNDRY EQUIPMENT
Main Galley Equipment
1x Garland 6 Burner, Deep Fryer, Salamander and Grill
2x Garland Ovens
2x Mareno refer units (pantry)
1x Haier minibar fridge (bridge)
1x ULine Small fridge (main salon)
1x ULine small fridge (sky lounge)
1x Summit Commercial refer/wine cooler (sun deck)
1x ULine (sun deck)
1x ULine (sky lounge)
1x Custom walk in (sky lounge deck)
2x Custom Made units (galley)
1x large walk-in fridge & freezer combination (sky lounge deck)
Iceomatic (pantry, sky lounge & sun deck)
Kitchen Aid (pantry,skylounge & sun deck)
2x Garland Ovens
1x Sharp Commercial Microwave (galley)
Crew Galley/Mess Equipment
1x Haier microwave (crew mess)
1x Haier small fridge (crew mess)
Toaster, Coffee maker
Additional Galley Equipment
Bread Maker, Ice Cream Maker, Mandolin Slicer, Kitchen Aid Mixer with attachments for pasta etc., waffle baker, 3x Nepresso coffee machines, 2x Vitamix Blenders, etc.
2x Miele Washer and DryersSAFETY AND SECURITY
8x CCTV cameras of which 3 are pan/zoom with split screen displays on Bridge, Crew Mess with a video recorder with 8 Channel H.264 1 TB Real Time CCTV Security DVR
8x CCTV cameras of which 3 are pan/zoom with split screen displays on Bridge, Crew Mess
1x 12” monitor on the bridge
1x 10” monitor in crew mess
Fire Fighting Equipment:
Fire control system:
Honeywell “Notifier” system - smoke and heat detector alarm system with sensors throughout the yacht
6x High water bilge alarm monitoring system with horn
3x Seawater firefighting stations
1x Diesel Yonmar 3.3kw model# L48V6MF1F1AA engine attached to model #2P5XYR 4.7HP pump used for portable high pressure emergency fire pump
1x 79.4-kg Halon 1301Fixed Fire Suppression system Engine Room flooding system and a 2x 39.7kg bottles activated with a remote pull system
1x Fixed CO2 Galley Hood Flooding System
2x Firefighting suits with breathing apparatus
38x Fire Extinguishers
1 FM 200 Automatic Extinguisher located in the Bosun locker
Honeywell “Notifier” system - smoke and heat detector alarm system with sensors throughout the yacht
6x High water bilge alarm monitoring system with horn
2x 20 Man Viking rafts with hydrostatic release
2x Viking 4 person life rafts with hydrostatic releases
6x Liferings (2 with strobe lights and 2 with strobe light and smoke signal)
1x ACR RLB-36 GPIRB (2013)
1x McMurdo SART
SOLAS approved marine medical equipment CAT”A”
2x ICOM, IC-GM1500 Emergency VHF’s
20 Immersion Suits
20 Thermal Aids Covers
From the outset, it was the owner’s intentions to completely refit all areas of their new yacht, to create an ocean going vessel with classic lines that has the benefit of totally updated equipment and modern amenities.
All maintenance aboard Golden Compass is controlled and scheduled by an approved computer based maintenance program; this ensures that all necessary services on every piece of equipment are completed correctly and on time.
- Generators have been re-built and overhauled.
- Both generator sound boxes were totally rebuilt.
- Port engine was stripped to the block and totally rebuilt.
- All associated auxiliary equipment was also stripped, serviced, and re-painted.
- The wet exhaust system on both main engines has been completely replaced with schedule 40 stainless steel, including the mixing units.
- The main engine transmissions were serviced and transmission heat exchangers were removed and re-built.
- All water maker membranes were replaced along with all associated high pressure fittings. New high pressure pumps were installed, and electrical and flush components replaced.
- The AC system was overhauled with major pumps removed and rebuilt. Manifold and chillers were flushed, re-gassed and serviced. Fresh air makeup unit was also rebuilt.
- Galley walk in refrigeration, and freezer units were rebuilt, chillers/compressors rebuilt or replaced.
- Chillers and evaporators were replaced/rebuilt, and repairs/updates were made to the raw water cooling system.
- The 3 davits were serviced and overhauled with hydraulic rams re-built, and hydraulic pump and gear ends replaced. All 3 were re-painted from top to bottom.
- The windlass was serviced, and all wiring replaced.
- In the engineering department, the fresh water system has had a major upgrade with new pumps, manifold and plumbing.
- All of the water and treatment tanks have been inspected cleaned and re-surfaced where necessary.
- The black water system has undergone extensive repairs and maintenance.
- The stabilizer system has been stripped down and rebuilt.
- The load bank, oily water separator, fuel separator, and fire and bilge pumps and associated plumbing and valves have all been serviced.
- The air make up unit has also been serviced as needed.
- In general, there have been many replacements of pipe work, plumbing, fuel lines, shut off valves and associated fittings throughout the yacht.
- The air handlers have been serviced, and the A/C ducting cleaned and sanitized.
- New ASEA model AC90V Shore Power Converter and a ASEA Seamless Transfer Switch.
- New Ocean Breeze 40KW Load Bank.
- New shafts
Bow thruster was rebuilt
- An automated Sea Water Dosing Station was installed to eliminate sea growth in seawater piping.
- All heads were completely rebuilt.
- Fuel tanks cleaned.
- Alfa Laval fuel polishing system rebuilt.
- The sun deck, new sun pad, and hot tub configuration were added. In addition, a bar, back bar, Sunbright TV, and large full beam sunpad located aft were added.
- The bridge cap, trim, and non-skid areas were re-painted along with other outboard areas as required.
- All deck cap rails and fashion trim wood paneling was re-varnished, as was the exterior teak furniture.
- Door lock mechanisms and door seals were replaced on all exterior doors. All doors were removed and re-varnished along with the door frames.
- All sundeck and bunny pad bottom cushions were replaced with new Sunbrella fabric.
- Canvas covers were repaired as needed.
- The yacht has been hauled out and the hull ground back and re primed and top coated with 2 coats of Jotun TBT free Antifoul system.
- All lower teak decks, swim step, swim deck stairs, and gangway teak were replaced.
- The entire hull was stripped and repainted with Awlgrip paint.
- Significant portions of the house and bow paint were repainted with Awlgrip paint.
- Deck modifications and additions include adding a new foredeck crane. This allows crew tender and toys to be stowed away from guest areas.
- Improvements made to the guest AV system, the satellite receivers for TV, internet and GMDSS communications.
- All bilge areas have been exposed, cleaned out and sanitized to improve air quality.
- New artwork from around the world was installed, and several interior stone surfaces were added.
- All carpeting, wall paper, ceiling treatments, light fixtures, marble surfaces, tile, window treatments, and fabrics were replaced.
- A complete new interior was installed.
- New Caribbean Direct TV DVR boxes were installed to complete compatibility with the 3 major satellite TV regions.
- Media server movies were updated to latest releases.
- UPS batteries were replaced.
- All new audio/video electronics, iPod docks throughout, and a centralized Movie/Music/Photo storage system.
- In addition, a wireless internet was installed resulting in a worldwide audio, video, voice, and data capabilities.
- The AIS system was replaced with a new Furuno FA-150.
- New hardware and aerials were installed, including redundant GPS aerial.
- A new GPS Furuno GP320B was installed.
- A new Nobeltec plotter computer has been installed along with the latest software, and charts.
- A complete redundant Nobeltec back up plotter unit also installed.
- Bridge management computers were replaced new with Windows 8 computers including new touch screen compatibility.
- Main magnetic gyro compass was serviced and swung to updated deviation card.
- Both depth sounder transducers have been replaced new with new fairing boards.
- In addition to the Air Mar weather station, a Furuno FI5001 Weather station was added.
- New NavimeteoSat with bi-directional satellite transponder was installed. This tracks and broadcasts Golden Compass position by satellite and provides weather reports and weather warnings.
A complete list of exclusions is available upon request.N&J Disclaimer
Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Data regarding the specifications, operating characteristics and condition of the vessel was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumption and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker has been told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot and does not guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
Contact Bradford Yacht Sales
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this brokerage to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.
Bradford Marine Yacht Sales, Inc. provides the yachts for sale vessel description information contained herein as a convenience to the website user and does not in any manner warrant or otherwise guarantee the accuracy of such information. Some featured yachts for sale vessels are not for sale to U. S. citizens while the yachts in U.S. waters. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumption's and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent/s to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessels are, prior to sale, subject to price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.